INJURED AT WORK OR DISABLED?
CALL (804) 593-5459 OR EMAIL US BY CLICKING ON THE ORANGE “CONTACT FORM” BUTTON ON THE RIGHT FOR A FREE REVIEW OF YOUR WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ACCIDENT OR INJURY BY A TOP-RATED LAWYER.
Gerald G. Lutkenhaus has handled Virginia Workers’ Compensation Accidents and Social Security Disability Insurance claims for over 35 years
When you have a workers’ compensation accident and cannot work, the process of obtaining the benefits you deserve can make a bad situation even more stressful. In a difficult time, an experienced lawyer can make a substantial difference when you need it most. For more than 35 years, I have helped clients in the Greater Richmond area overcome procedural obstacles and succeed in their Virginia Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) claims. My firm has the knowledge to maximize your chances whether you are filing an initial claim or seeking a reversal on appeal. Claimants have counted on me for decades to provide high-quality representation for Virginia Workers’ Compensation and SSDI claims because I am:
- Established — *My firm was rated as “one of the best” workers’ compensation firms in Central Virginia in a survey of attorneys conducted by Richmond Magazine. I have earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® in recognition of legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with my work and I have had AVVO’s superb rating since 2010.
- Knowledgeable — Concentrating on these areas allows me to keep up with every change in the law pertaining to Virginia Workers’ Compensation and SSDI, while using my experience to identify issues that other attorneys cannot. I have also instructed Virginia attorneys in both practice areas.
- Committed to finding successful resolutions — I understand the positive impact that an appropriate benefit award can have. That is why I explore all options and potential arguments to find creative ways to win your case.
From your free initial consultation through the resolution of your claim, I will keep you apprised of each development in your case. I usually work on a contingency basis, so you will not pay legal fees unless you have been awarded payment.
Guiding people through complex processes required to obtain benefits
I represent clients in the following types of matters:
- Workers’ compensation filings — If you have been injured or become ill on the job, I negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies and represent you diligently in your workers’ compensation hearing if it’s required.
- Workers’ Compensation Commission appeals — My firm has a strong record of winning appeals of deputy commissioner decisions before the full Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission. I have brought cases before the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Social Security disability — Even if you were not employed at the time you became disabled, you might have enough work credits to be eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits. My firm has represented clients in more than 1,000 successful Social Security disability hearings and can advise you about your eligibility.
For any type of injury or illness, I will present your claim in a thorough, detailed manner so that the effect of your medical condition is clear to any reviewer.
Contact a Richmond workers’ compensation attorney for a free initial consultation
Gerald G. Lutkenhaus represents Virginia clients in workers’ compensation and Social Security disability matters. Call 804-593-5459 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation.